Well, those were some fun sales tips last week, huh? I gave you five obvious thoughts (aka, “Duh!) and have another five for you today. Let’s get started…
- Listen. Don’t interrupt! — The world is fascinated with what you have to say, however the customer is far more interested in what he or she has to say. You should be, too. Work to be, good listener and don’t interrupt!
- Say, “Thank you for the order!” — Didn’t your mother cover this one? Do I really need to tell you this? A customer is giving you business. They are sending you money. You are going to benefit financially. Say, “Thank you!”
- Deliver a firm handshake! — At some point in your life, someone must’ve pulled you aside and said, “Put something behind that, kid.” If they never did, allow me: A firm handshake is a sign of confidence regardless of gender. You don’t need to go all Hulk Hogan on someone and wrestle them to the ground, but do it like you mean it.
- Follow up on a lead pronto! — Look, a lead is a gift from heaven. Someone thinks of you in such good terms that they have shared your name with someone else. You already have 50% of what you need in order to close the deal. Stop what you are doing and immediately make a phone call.
- And finally, Smile! — If you don’t like your job, quit. Work, for better or worse, is what takes up most of our day. Why do something that you don’t enjoy? Regardless of whether sales are up or down, put a big smile on your face as if this is the best day of your life. Enjoy what you do or go do something else. But as long as you are here, smile!
Well, that’s it… For now. I am sure that as simple ideas for sales tips hit me in the future, I will react with a, “Duh.” So, look for more of these forehead-slapping, why didn’t I think of that, brilliant (if incredibly obvious) sales tips brought to you by the master of the obvious.
Hey! The Sales Challenge begins a week from today. Go to www.TheSalesChallenge.com and use Promo Code “30for30” to try the program out for 30 days and pay just $30.
Let’s talk! Now you can book time on my calendar and talk about your Sales Challenges or your salespeople or your company’s future or…. Just go to http://www.meetme.so/BillFarquharson and grab a timeslot.