If you are in print sales, you have to close. Simple as that. If you can’t close, you don’t sell.
Here are the classic tips for closing the sale. Worth remembering:
- Customers buy after they talk with you and have discussed their needs. Sales materials are just conversation starters. Followup promptly with email.
- Make sure you are talking to the person who makes the decision on print purchasing.
- Discuss the issue the customer has and don’t raise others, unless the issue is essential to the purchase.
- Ask for the order when the client is ready. Don’t close too soon.
- Don’t wait too long to close. There’s a natural point in a sales conversation where it’s time to ask for the order. If you go beyond that point, you’ll raise issues that didn’t exist before.
- Shut up and close. Customers sometimes signal that they’re ready to buy right now. Stop selling and take the order.
- Close and then shut up. When a customer buys, it’s a mistake to continue to talk about your product or services. Take the order.